Children's Therapy and Family Resource Centre
The Children’s Therapy & Family Resource Centre provides therapy services for children & youth (birth to 19 years) and support for children, their families and the community in which they live.
Services for Children 0 to 6 include:
- Physiotherapy promotes physical development and movement.
- Occupational Therapy helps children to be successful in daily functional activities such as toileting, dressing, eating, sleeping, school readiness, attention and play
- Speech and Language Services improves understanding and listening skill, as well as talking.
- Family Resources services include identifying community and provincial resources, workshops, counselling, lending cupboard of equipment, adaptive living devices, library of books and videos.
- Supported Child Development works with community care providers to support the involvement of children in their neighborhood early childhood setting.
- Early Intervention Program provides support and services for children and families
- Kamloops Autism Program providing early intensive behavioural intervention for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Diagnostic Program physician referral for assessment
Contact the Kamloops Therapy and Family Resource Centre at 801 McGill Road, Kamloops BC Phone: 250-371-4100 and online at: www.kamloopschildrenstherapy.org